crustaceannoun [ C ]uk /krʌsˈteɪ.ʃən/ us /krʌsˈteɪ.ʃən/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- A crustacean tries the same experiment, though living outside of its host instead of in it.
- Blackened by the fire, squid and crustacean were eaten without condiment, the tentacles being devoured as one eats celery.
- It served as both nest and nourishment for myriads of crustaceans and mollusks, for crabs and cuttlefish.
- The whales subsist entirely upon these small crustaceans.
- They also carry the spawn of fishes and small crustaceans among their feathers into new waters, and feed upon the countless seeds of weeds that are scattered broadcast over the face of the earth.