cryptnoun [ C ]uk /krɪpt/ us /krɪpt/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- A whim seized me to visit the crypt of the chapel and examine the opening to the tunnel.
- Of this crypt, only the pillars and the lower part of the walls remained.
- Suddenly he fell down a short flight of slimy steps, landing in noisome mud at the bottom of some crypt.
- The crypt has a nave, apse and aisles, and is therefore a complete little underground church.
- The vestry has a crypt below it.