cucumbernoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈkjuː.kʌm.bər/ us /ˈkjuː.kʌm.bɚ/
- Peel the cucumber and chop it into small cubes.
- I had a tuna and cucumber sandwich.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- This light green soda tastes like cucumbers.
- For the earliest cucumbers and melons, seeds are planted in frames.
- Garnish the dish with parsley and small strips of cucumber pickles.
- Skim the vinegar clean, and pour it scalding hot upon the cucumbers.
- Take out the fish and add three sliced and parboiled cucumbers.
- Then mix boiled rice with some chopped green onions and stuff the cucumbers.