culture noun (WAY OF LIFE)
- American culture has been exported all over the world.
- She got some books out of the library and immersed herself in Jewish history and culture.
- It's a nostalgia trip back into the youth culture of the swinging 60s.
- Surely it is wrong to try to impose western culture on these people?
- Each culture had a special ritual to initiate boys into manhood.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
culture noun (ART)
- I was suffering from an overdose of culture.
- She's the personification of culture and refinement.
- The advertising industry's use of classic songs is vandalism of popular culture, he said.
- There's not much here in the way of culture.