currency noun (MONEY)
- Take some foreign currency to cover incidentals like the taxi fare to your hotel.
- Five people were indicted for making and selling counterfeit currency.
- The Central Bank intervened in the currency markets today to try to stabilize the exchange rate.
- The currency has lost so much of its value that barter has become the preferred way of doing business.
- In 1971, Britain switched over to a decimal currency.
currency noun (ACCEPTANCE)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words