cut sth up
— phrasal verb with cut uk /kʌt/ us /kʌt/ verb present participle cutting, past tense and past participle cut
- Cut the chicken breast up into small pieces.
- How do you stop your eyes from watering when you're cutting up onions?
- The children cut up lots of coloured paper and pictures from magazine to make a collage.
- He took her credit card and cut it up into pieces because she had run up such a huge bill.
- OK then - we'll cut the cake up into equal pieces. How many people want cake?
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words