cuttlefishnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkʌt.əl.fɪʃ/ us /ˈkʌt̬.əl.fɪʃ/ plural cuttlefish or cuttlefishes
Examples from literature
- A troop of cuttlefish swimming in the sea is a beautiful sight.
- Cuttlefishes, by discharging sepia from their ink-bags, are able to throw dust in the eyes of their enemies.
- It served as both nest and nourishment for myriads of crustaceans and mollusks, for crabs and cuttlefish.
- Strolling along the sands one day, he observed a stranded cuttlefish.
- There are seventy sorts of cuttlefish and octopuses in Japanese waters.