cyanidenoun [ U ]uk /ˈsaɪə.naɪd/ us /ˈsaɪə.naɪd/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- A cyanide will become decomposed and eliminate nitrogen gas, while the residue is charred.
- Place one ounce of cyanide of potassium into the bottle and pour in enough dry sawdust to cover the lumps of poison.
- Then, opening the clip, run through more cyanide solution and then water, so as to wash the gold-carrying liquor thoroughly into the beaker.
- There is no hot water, no sterilising, no cyanide gauze even, but iodine saves many lives, and we have plenty of it.
- When tested by cyanide of potassium the gold in the ore often changes into iron pyrites.