cytoplasmnoun [ U ]uk /ˈsaɪ.tə.plæz.əm/ us /ˈsaɪ.t̬ə.plæz.əm/ specialized
Examples from literature
- Development is thus due in part to a qualitative division not of the nucleus but of the cytoplasm.
- Evidence soon accumulated that the cytoplasm of the egg stood for much in the differentiation of the embryo.
- Food particles, wastes, and other substances may also be present in the cytoplasm.
- The cytoplasm is the outer and softer part, the substance of the body of the cell.
- The general mass of material forming the cell is termed cytoplasm.