dairyadjectiveuk /ˈdeə.ri/ us /ˈder.i/
- I'm trying to cut down on dairy products, which is difficult because I adore cheese.
- You'll find all the yogurts in the dairy section, madam. Shall I show you?
- I hope you've checked the ingredients, as Amy's allergic to anything dairy.
- The shop doesn't stock much dairy produce - only fresh milk, actually.
- My uncle recently sold his dairy herd and is now concentrating on arable farming.
dairynounuk /ˈdeə.ri/ us /ˈder.i/
- We get our milk and cheese from the local dairy.
- One of regions biggest dairies has won a contract to supply milk to a major supermarket chain.
- This dairy is famous for its delicious ice-cream.
- There used to be a dairy on the farm until they decided to only raise cattle for meat.
- The cheese is still made in village dairies in Switzerland by local cheese-makers.