dairy farmnoun [ C ]uk /ˈdeə.ri ˌfɑːm/ us /ˈder.i ˌfɑːrm/ US also dairy
Examples from literature
- In the past we have had eight distributors with fifteen wagons handling the milk supplied from fifty dairy farms.
- Likewise our dairy farms, our fruit farms, and our market gardens have been segregated from the general farm.
- The milk comes from forty-four thousand dairy farms scattered through New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Vermont, and even Ohio.
- The milk inspector on visiting this dairy farm found that the well was receiving the drainage of both house and privy.
- The shepherd dog is another useful—almost indispensable—creature, on the sheep, or dairy farm.