dareverbuk /deər/ us /der/
dare verb (BE BRAVE/RUDE)
- She fixed the child with a stare of such disapproval he did not dare move.
- I didn't dare say anything for fear of offending him.
- I wouldn't dare say anything against him to his mother!
- I dare not let the children out of my sight in this park.
- He's a bit possessive about his CDs - I wouldn't dare ask to borrow them.
- a drowning man will clutch at a straw idiom
- a leap in the dark idiom
- be skating on thin ice idiom
- go for broke idiom
- have/put your head on the block idiom
- run the risk of doing sth idiom
- sail close to the wind idiom
- stick (sth) out
- stick your neck out idiom
dare verb (ASK)
darenoun [C]uk /deər/ us /der/