darning needlenoun [ C ]uk /ˈdɑː.nɪŋ ˌniː.dəl/ us /ˈdɑːr.nɪŋ ˌniː.dəl/
Examples from literature
- Sew the lid or circle which has been cut out of the top with a darning needle and heavy string.
- Sew the opening with a darning needle and a stout string or fasten with toothpicks.
- Sew the opening with a stout darning needle and string.
- The needles were about the size of ordinary darning needles, and answered the purpose very well.
- The very last thread is sometimes put in with a darning needle.