dashboardnoun [ C ]uk /ˈdæʃ.bɔːd/ us /ˈdæʃ.bɔːrd/ also dash, UK old-fashioned also fascia
Examples from literature
- He pawed around for an ashtray and discovered that it had been removed, along with the lighter, from the rental car's dashboard.
- He swerved his gaze swiftly to the dashboard clock, then back to the sun again.
- Think I'll listen to the news, Tom thought, and switched on his dashboard radio.
- This he placed in the socket on the dashboard.
- Twice she tried to free herself, holding to the dashboard with one hand.