daughter-in-lawnoun [ C ]uk /ˈdɔː.tər.ɪn.lɔː/ us /ˈdɑː.t̬ɚ.ɪn.lɑː/ plural daughters-in-law
Examples from literature
- He was exceedingly fond of his daughter-in-law, and never could speak of her without emotion.
- My daughter-in-law is good to me but she needs everything she makes.
- She owns nothing and is living in the home of her daughter-in-law who is kind to her and cares for her as best she can.
- The farewells of mother and daughter-in-law were cold.
- There arose at once the almost inevitable conflict between mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.