daughternoun [C]uk /ˈdɔː.tər/ us /ˈdɑː.t̬ɚ/
- They felt a glow of pride as they watched their daughter collect the award.
- My daughter is just starting to learn how to do joined-up writing at school.
- She shed a few tears at her daughter's wedding.
- She has two daughters by her first marriage.
- A photograph of her daughter was prominently displayed on her desk.
- be sb's own flesh and blood idiom
- birth mother
- birth parent
- first cousin
- fraternal twin
- working mother/father/parent
- your nearest and dearest idiom
- your own flesh and blood idiom