day nurserynoun [ C ]uk /ˈdeɪ ˌnɜː.sər.i/ us /ˈdeɪ ˌnɝː.sɚ.i/ UK
Examples from literature
- He established what would today be called a day nursery.
- Mothers leave their small children in the day nursery during the day while they go out to work.
- The furniture in a day nursery should consist of a toy cupboard stained to match the color scheme of the room and large enough for each child to have his own special compartment in it.
- They were scattered about the bright day nursery, looking miserable, though they could scarcely tell why.
- We're building a day nursery on the next block to help the working women.