day studentnoun [ C ]uk /ˈdeɪ ˌstjuː.dənt/ us /ˈdeɪ ˌstuː.dənt/ US UK day pupil
Examples from literature
- Many day students, and others who are not students, have been much interested.
- The "day students" make up the bulk of the scholars.
- There is also the house of the French nuns, who have some young girls as boarders, and who have a class for day students.
- W. Moore writes: About thirty of the boarding students and fifty of the day students have avowed their faith in Christ since Friday evening, when I first began the Gospel exercises in their behalf.
- You miss the fun, being a day student, don't you?