deadadjectiveuk /ded/ us /ded/
dead adjective (NOT LIVING)
- The president has sent a message of sympathy to the relatives of the dead soldiers.
- In the autumn I rake up the dead leaves.
- Forensic examination revealed a large quantity of poison in the dead man's stomach.
- An ambulance crew was called to his home, but he was dead by the time they arrived.
- The horse lay motionless on the ground, as if dead.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
dead adjective (NOT IN USE)
dead adjective (BORING)
dead adjective (EQUIPMENT)
deadadjective [before noun], adverbuk /ded/ us /ded/