dearadjectiveuk /dɪər/ us /dɪr/
dear adjective (LOVED)
- We will always remember our dear departed friends.
- In loving memory of my dear husband, who departed this life on 5 May, 1978.
- My dear daughter arranged this whole holiday for me.
- Emily is such a dear, kind person - she would never hurt anyone.
- Look what those dear boys have bought me for my birthday!
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
dear adjective (EXPENSIVE)
dearexclamationuk /dɪər/ us /dɪr/ (also old-fashioned dearie) informal
dearnounuk /dɪər/ us /dɪr/