debilitynoun [ U ]uk /dɪˈbɪl.ə.ti/ us /dɪˈbɪl.ə.t̬i/ formal
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- About a year ago he evinced symptoms of breaking down, cough, emaciation, and debility.
- He was touched by the poignant pathos of her great age and her debility.
- I was run down and a great sufferer from nervous debility.
- Now it happened that this young girl fell into such a state of debility that she was obliged to keep her room.
- The cold bath is beneficial in these cases, provided there is not great debility.