debtornoun [ C ]uk /ˈdet.ər/ us /ˈdet̬.ɚ/
Examples from literature
- A debtor who refuses to take this oath can be sent to prison.
- But he was accommodating in his credit and lenient to debtors in default.
- It is probable that with an eye to business he disposes promptly of his creditors and keeps debtors to the last.
- Moreover, the old quarrel between poor and rich, debtor and creditor, broke out again.
- Surely to interpose the Irish Government between the Irish debtor and his English creditor, and to provide that the Irish revenues in bulk, not the individual holdings of each tenant, shall be the security for the English creditor.