debutnoun [ C ]uk /ˈdeɪ.bju/ us /ˈdeɪ.bju/
her debut (= first) album
- Tiger Woods is determined to erase the memory of a disappointing Cup debut two years ago.
- Her new detective series will be her debut on the small screen.
- Five years after her debut, the diminutive star of the Royal Ballet has the world at her feet.
- It was a dream start for the young player who scored twice on his debut for the club.
- Maazel studied in Pittsburgh, making his debut as a violinist in 1945 and as a conductor in 1953.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words