decadenoun [ C ]uk /ˈdek.eɪd/ /dekˈeɪd/ us /ˈdek.eɪd/ /dekˈeɪd/
- Air traffic has increased 30% in the last decade.
- They predict that a large earthquake will strike the east coast before the end of the decade.
- Environmental awareness has increased dramatically over the past decade.
- Her acting career spanned almost six decades.
- India attained independence in 1947, after decades of struggle.
- Over the next decade, jet planes got bigger and faster.
- The success of Strauss’s tires was made possible because of all the improvements to rubber tires that had been made during the previous decade.