You need to be more decisive.
a decisive reply
a decisive role
a decisive victory
- This decisive defeat puts them out of contention for this year's championship finals.
- The economy is regarded as the decisive factor which will determine the outcome of the general election.
- Unless decisive action is taken to combat the disease, the death toll will continue to rise.
- Gettysburg is the site of the last and most decisive battle of the Civil War.
- Australia won the decisive fifth match by 47 runs, to take an eventful and exciting series 3-2.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- be make or break for sb/sth idiom
- be on the horns of a dilemma idiom
- come down on one side of the fence or the other idiom
- come to sth
- hammer sth out
- it's a date idiom
- make or break sth idiom
- make up your mind idiom
- name the day idiom
- spin a coin idiom
adverb uk /dɪˈsaɪ.sɪv.li/ us /dɪˈsaɪ.sɪv.li/
noun [ U ] uk /dɪˈsaɪ.sɪv.nəs/ us /dɪˈsaɪ.sɪv.nəs/