declare verb (EXPRESS)
[ + speech ] "I won't do it!" he declared.
figurative The government has declared war on (= announced that thaey intended to stop) the drug dealers.
Nothing to declare.
Goods to declare.
- An elderly man from Hull has confounded doctors by recovering after he was officially declared dead.
- The inspector declared the meat fit for human consumption.
- The doctor declared her medically fit.
- The election was declared null and void.
- The club closed after the fire brigade declared its wiring to be unsafe.