decorateverbuk /ˈdek.ə.reɪt/ us /ˈdek.ər.eɪt/
decorate verb (MAKE ATTRACTIVE)
- He promised he'd help me decorate, but now he's trying to wriggle out of it.
- She's even decorated the spare room in anticipation of your visit.
- In the centre of the hall stood a colossal wooden statue, decorated in ivory and gold.
- She decorated the cake herself.
- When we moved in, the house hadn't been decorated for 20 years, and it showed.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
decorate verb (HONOUR)