decree nisinoun [ S ]uk /dɪˌkriː ˈnaɪ.saɪ/ /dɪˌkriː ˈnaɪ.si/ us /dɪˌkriː ˈnaɪ.saɪ/ /dɪˌkriː ˈnaɪ.si/ specialized
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- And then we lawyers generally see the dark side of the picture—the damages and the decrees nisi.
- In due course he obtained his decree nisi, which later on was made absolute.
- So the Court had pronounced a decree nisi. But Mrs. Holmes had not been unfaithful to her husband.
- The moment the decree nisi was pronounced he left the Courts of Justice.
- Unfortunately, he died before the decree nisi was made absolute.