Examples from literature
- His deep-set fierce old eyes gleamed under his beetling brows.
- His deep-set grey eyes were fixed upon her.
- In his deep-set, piercing eyes lurked all the pains of a lifetime.
- People rarely noticed that Rachel's hair was brown, and that her deep-set eyes were gray.
- The eyes are deep-set, brilliant, restless—with infinite lessons of hours of agony, of loneliness, torture in all the million hours which filled up his nine years of endless and unbroken gloom in penal servitude.