defineverb [ T ]uk /dɪˈfaɪn/ us /dɪˈfaɪn/
define verb [ T ] (EXPLAIN)
In the dictionary, "reality" is defined as "the state of things as they are, rather than as they are imagined to be".
Before I answer your question, could you define your terms a little more (= explain what you mean by the words you have used)?
- It is very difficult to define the concept of beauty.
- The borderline between friendship and intimacy is often hard to define.
- Security defined in the broadest sense of the term means getting at the root causes of trouble and helping to reduce regional conflicts.
- It's a very hierarchical organization in which everyone's status is clearly defined.
- Responsibility, I suppose, is what defines adulthood.