defineverb [T]uk /dɪˈfaɪn/ us /dɪˈfaɪn/
define verb [T] (EXPLAIN)
- It is very difficult to define the concept of beauty.
- The borderline between friendship and intimacy is often hard to define.
- Security defined in the broadest sense of the term means getting at the root causes of trouble and helping to reduce regional conflicts.
- It's a very hierarchical organization in which everyone's status is clearly defined.
- Responsibility, I suppose, is what defines adulthood.
define verb [T] (CLEARLY SHOW)