definiteadjectiveuk /ˈdef.ɪ.nət/ us /ˈdef.ən.ət/
- There are definite weaknesses in their security arrangements.
- It's not definite that they'll accept our offer, but there's a sporting chance.
- There's a definite family likeness around the eyes.
- Having to travel such a long way to work is a definite minus.
- We'll have to wait until the new year before we can make any definite plans.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
definitenoun [C]uk /ˈdef.ɪ.nət/ us /ˈdef.ən.ət/ informal