deliberateadjectiveuk /dɪˈlɪb.ər.ət/ us /-ɚ-/
- Some women make a deliberate choice to rear a child alone.
- Can you pick out the three deliberate mistakes in this paragraph?
- I don't think his name was left off the list by accident - I think it was deliberate.
- This was a deliberate attempt to wreck the peace talks.
- I didn't take a deliberate decision to lose weight. It just happened.
deliberateverb [I or T]uk us /dɪˈlɪb.ə.reɪt/ formal
- agonize over/about sth
- chew sth over
- chew the cud idiom
- chew your cud idiom
- joined-up thinking
- lateral thinking
- let me see/let's see idiom
- let's see idiom
- take sth into account idiom
- the thought crosses sb's mind idiom
- think sth out
- think sth over
- think sth through