demonstrate verb (SHOW)
[ + that ] Research has demonstrated that babies can recognize their mother's voice very soon after birth.
- You need to demonstrate to the examiners that you have more than a literal understanding of the text.
- It is impossible to demonstrate conclusively that the factory is responsible for the pollution.
- Management have demonstrated almost unbelievable incompetence in their handling of the dispute.
- The Australian team soon demonstrated their superiority over the opposition.
- I can show you studies which demonstrate that some forms of alternative medicine are extremely effective.