demonstration noun (SHOW)
She told us how easy it was to use the software, then by way of demonstration produced a beautiful graph with a few clicks of the mouse.
- He gave us a demonstration of the new software in use.
- The rise in unemployment is just another demonstration of the government's incompetence.
- The kids enjoyed the cookery demonstration in the supermarket yesterday as they got to taste the food.
- The pilots at the air show put on a very fine demonstration of aerobatic skill.
- The beauty consultant is expected to give demonstrations of how to use our new products.
demonstration noun (PROTEST)
- Police lined the route of the demonstration.
- As the demonstration began to turn violent, the police were called in to restore order.
- Her early release from prison led to a demonstration.
- Police used water cannon to break up the demonstration.
- The army seized power after five days of anti-government demonstrations.