dentistrynoun [ U ]uk /ˈden.tɪ.stri/ us /ˈden.t̬ɪ.stri/
Examples from literature
- For the first time in his life he wished that he had adopted the profession of dentistry.
- General summary of personal appearance: Nice teeth on which a little dentistry will work wonders.
- He studied dentistry in Philadelphia, lived there several years, obtained his papers, and became an American citizen.
- Hypnotism has been tried extensively for painless dentistry, but with many cases of failure, which got into the courts and thoroughly discredited the attempt except in very special cases.
- When the great revival in surgery came in the twelfth and thirteenth centuries it is not surprising that there should also have been an important renewal of interest in dentistry.