departmentnoun [ C, + sing/pl verb ]uk /dɪˈpɑːt.mənt/ us /dɪˈpɑːrt.mənt/ written abbreviation dept
the Department of Health and Social Security
Angers is the capital of the department of Maine-et-Loire.
- Please submit your claim for travelling expenses to the accounts department.
- If this project fails it will affect not only our department, but also the whole organization.
- Our kitchenware department is in the basement.
- The art department and the main college are in two separate buildings.
- He blamed the lack of liaison between the various government departments.