dependencenoun [S or U](US also dependance) uk /dɪˈpen.dəns/ us /dɪˈpen.dəns/ (also dependency)
- The region's complete dependence on tourism is rather worrying.
- All her life she had a childlike dependence on the people around her.
- Gradually her dependence on alcohol became obvious to everyone.
- After living alone for so long, she found the baby's dependence on her quite difficult to cope with.
- He had to learn that dependence on others is not a sign of weakness.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: