dependentadjectiveuk us /dɪˈpen.dənt/
dependent adjective (NEEDING HELP)
- Most children remain dependent on their parents while at university.
- The number of single-parent families dependent on the state has risen enormously in recent years.
- He is dependent on his father for support.
- He's still financially dependent on his parents.
- The charity is totally dependent on the Church's bounty.
dependent adjective (DECIDED BY)
- The amount of tax you pay is dependent on how much you earn.
- I don't know whether we're going yet - it's dependent on whether Carlo comes back in time.
- The amount of time you get off is dependent on how many hours you work.
- The sum that you can borrow is dependent on your salary.
- Whether we take a holiday or not is dependent on how much time Roger can take off from work.