describeverb [ T ]uk /dɪˈskraɪb/ us /dɪˈskraɪb/
A2 to say or write what someone or something is like:
She described Gary as shy.
- Please describe to the court exactly what you saw.
- His latest film is described as a 'romantic comedy'.
- His teacher described him as a noisy, disruptive influence in class.
- It couldn't by any stretch of the imagination be described as a beautiful city.
- He insisted on describing his operation in graphic detail while we were eating lunch.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words