desertnoun [C or U]uk /ˈdez.ət/ us /ˈdez.ɚt/
- The flatness of the desert was broken only by a few large piles of rocks.
- She gave a hair-raising account of her escape through the desert.
- Living rough in the desert hardened the recruits a lot.
- The terrorists assumed control of the plane and forced it to land in the desert.
- At night, adult scorpions prowl the desert for insects.
desertverbuk /dɪˈzɜːt/ us /dɪˈzɝːt/
desert verb (RUN AWAY)
desert verb (LEAVE BEHIND)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: