desirableadjectiveuk /dɪˈzaɪə.rə.bəl/ us /dɪˈzaɪr.ə.bəl/
desirable adjective (WANTED)
- This underdeveloped area is much less desirable to investors than one of the major centres.
- Surely a diplomatic solution is more desirable than war.
- If the youngsters learn to live useful and independent lives, that must surely be the most desirable outcome
- I'd say that having the vaccination before you travel is desirable, but it's not compulsory.
- Well, if this argument makes him move out, that's quite a desirable result, wouldn't you say?