destructionnoun [U]uk /dɪˈstrʌk.ʃən/ us /dɪˈstrʌk.ʃən/
- The destruction of the rain forests is an ecological disaster.
- The police arrived to find a scene of horrifying destruction.
- 30 years after the fire he is still haunted by images of death and destruction.
- The army left a trail of destruction behind them.
- This century has witnessed environmental destruction on an unprecedented scale.
- be sacrificed on the altar of sth idiom
- blast/blow sb/sth to kingdom come idiom
- kill sth off
- kill the goose that lays the golden egg idiom
- knock sth down
- knock sth out
- stave sth in
- take sb/sth out
- tear 1
- tear sth apart
- tear sth down