devastated adjective (DESTROYED)
- I was devastated when the doctor told me the news.
- She adored her elder brother, and she was devastated when he died.
- They're appealing for clothes and blankets to send to the devastated region.
- The area has been devastated by war.
- The earthquake devastated the town and left thousands homeless.
devastated adjective (VERY UPSET)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- be sacrificed on the altar of sth idiom
- blast/blow sb/sth to kingdom come idiom
- kill sth off
- kill the goose that lays the golden egg idiom
- knock sth down
- knock sth out
- stave sth in
- take sb/sth out
- tear 1
- tear sth apart
- tear sth down