devastatingadjectiveuk /ˈdev.ə.steɪ.tɪŋ/ us /ˈdev.ə.steɪ.t̬ɪŋ/
devastating adjective (VERY HARMFUL)
- The missile strike was devastating - the target was totally obliterated.
- We are deeply saddened by this devastating tragedy.
- A devastating attack was launched on the rebel stronghold.
- Pesticides have had a devastating effect on the environment.
- Satellite images showed clearly the devastating impact of the earthquake.
devastating adjective (STRONG EFFECT)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: