developmentnounuk /dɪˈvel.əp.mənt/ us /dɪˈvel.əp.mənt/
development noun (GROWTH)
- Ever since was formed in 1968, the company has been at the forefront of computer development.
- All our profits are re-invested in research and development.
- The protests were part of their campaign against the proposed building development in the area.
- Opponents of the new shopping development are trying to rally local people against it.
- To stay competitive, they'll have to increase product development as well as cutting prices.
development noun (THING THAT HAPPENS)
development noun (START)
development noun (BUILDINGS)