devicenoun [C]uk /dɪˈvaɪs/ us /dɪˈvaɪs/
device noun [C] (MACHINE)
- The listening device was concealed in a pen.
- The president's car is equipped with a homing device as a security measure.
- It's an artificial device that stimulates the auditory areas of the brain.
- We have a device that switches the lights on at a preset time in the evening.
- A mouse is a device that makes it easier to select different options from computer menus.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
device noun [C] (METHOD)