dextrosenoun [ U ]uk /ˈdek.strəʊs/ us /ˈdek.stroʊs/ specialized
Examples from literature
- For exact quantitative determination it is necessary to standardize the solution with pure anhydrous dextrose.
- In the last chapter we saw how dextrose or glucose could be converted by fermentation into alcohol.
- It also has much to do with bringing about certain chemical changes in sugar or dextrose.
- The most important of all sugars, so far as its use in the body is concerned, is dextrose. To this form all the other sugars, and starch also, are converted before they are finally used in the body.
- The process of changing starch into dextrose that takes place in the great steam kettles of the glucose factory is essentially the same as that which takes place in the ripening of fruit and in the digestion of starch.