diagnoseverb [ T ]uk /ˈdaɪ.əɡ.nəʊz/ us /ˌdaɪ.əɡˈnoʊz/
She was diagnosed with/as having diabetes.
- He was diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic.
- The treatment's chances of success are stronger if it is started as soon as the disease is diagnosed.
- In about half of diagnosed cases, the condition is operable.
- Despite undergoing several tests, doctors were unable to diagnose her condition.
- Since his cancer was diagnosed, he feels as if he's living on borrowed time.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words