diagnosisnoun [C or U]uk /ˌdaɪ.əɡˈnəʊ.sɪs/ us /ˌdaɪ.əɡˈnoʊ.sɪs/ (plural diagnoses )
- The tablets didn't help, and I suspected that the doctor had given me an incorrect diagnosis.
- When we get the results of your blood tests, I should be able to give you a clear diagnosis.
- He took one look at the wilted plant and gave me an immediate diagnosis: "It needs more water", he said.
- The engineer examined the washing machine for some time before giving me his diagnosis.
- When the computer still didn't work, we had to ring up Technical Support for their diagnosis.